The original funding for SPDG has been used, and SPDG is currently dormant. However, if you have an idea for funding a further meeting, please get in touch.
- 8 December 2014, joint Next Generation Bioinformatics User Group and Scottish Phylogeny Discussion Group, University of St Andrews
- 15 April 2014, Lancaster Spring Phylogenetics Conference at Lancaster University:
– Slides: “The greatest experiment in evolution: viral biocontrol of rabbits” by Professor Eddie Holmes
– Video, below: “Molecular phylogenetics: can we do it better?” by Dr Nick Goldman (starts at 0:00);
“Origins and evolutionary history of the small ruminant lentivirus pandemic” by Dr Robert Gifford (starts at 51:15)
Join the SPDG
If you wish to join the SPDG, email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Join SPDG”. In the text of your email, please include:
- your title (Miss/Mrs/Ms/Mr/Dr/Prof)
- your place of work or study, if any
- a summary (max. 10 words) of your research interests.
You will then receive occasional relevant email, e.g. announcements of meetings.
People who have registered to attend any SPDG meeting are automatically enrolled, and do not have to request membership.
The overall organizer of the Scottish Phylogeny Discussion Group is Dr Daniel Barker.