- SD card image and documentation, 4273pi.tar.gz (6.5 GB as-is, 30 GB uncompressed, SHA-1 aa6aeabacd64ebd11883c6599a31d00d04d5fe0e)
- Guidance on hardware
- Known problems in 4273π
For convenience, the following are also available separately:
- 4273pi_course_material.zip – handbook, lectures and practicals (no Linux, software or BLAST databases)
4273π is a freely available, customized distribution of Raspbian GNU/Linux for the Raspberry Pi computer. 4273π is for those wishing to teach, learn or use bioinformatics on the Raspberry Pi. 4273π includes 4273π Bioinformatics for Biologists, an Open Access bioinformatics course.
4273π is distributed as a compressed file, including a 32 GB SD card image for the Raspberry Pi.
The current version is 4273π version 1.31a, released on 14 September 2015. This is identical to version 1.31, except unallocated space has been removed from the image. This allows 4273π to fit on a larger number of SD and microSD cards. Because of the minor nature of the change, materials within version 1.31a are labelled as version 1.31.
- Wregglesworth K.M. and Barker D. (2015) A comparison of the protein-coding genomes of two green sulphur bacteria, Chlorobium tepidum TLS and Pelodictyon phaeoclathratiforme BU-1. BMC Research Notes, 8, 565.
- Robson J.F. and Barker D. (2015) Comparison of the protein-coding gene content of Chlamydia trachomatis and Protochlamydia amoebophila using a Raspberry Pi computer. BMC Research Notes, 8, 561.
- Barker D., Ferrier D.E.K., Holland, P.W., Mitchell, J.B.O., Plaisier, H., Ritchie, M.G. and Smart, S.D. (2013) 4273π : bioinformatics education on low cost ARM hardware. BMC Bioinformatics, 14, 243.
- Barker D, Korf I (2013) 4273π: a novel platform for bioinformatics education. Biome, 12 August. [BMC online magazine.]
We’d love to hear if you’ve been using 4273π. Please also send any questions and bug reports. Feel free to send an email, or get in touch via social media (links below and right).